Regional Autism Specialist: Bob Wasden
Bob Wasden, Autism Specialist:
- A resource serving families and professionals who live and work with children with autism in the SEDC Region, by providing educational, emotional, and social support.
- Serve as a consultant to school directors, educators, and parents about appropriate support for students with Autism, ages 3 through 21, in a six-county area: Millard, Beaver, Garfield, Iron, Kane, and Washington.
- Work with the students, parents, and educators to help put together individualized educational programs for the student.
- Offer support to parents of children with Autism.
- Offer training to surrounding school districts on Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Provide support groups for parents and discuss issues pertaining to caring for children with Autism and their families.
- Invite all concerned parents, educators, and other professionals to the Annual Autism Conference held in Cedar City.
- Work closely with other specialists in the field so as to provide accurate information to communities served.
- Provide assistance to Education, Health and other Support Services, by informing people about Autism. This may include workshops speaking assignments, and fundraisers.
- Keeps abreast of all pending or proposed legislation.
- Collaborate with parents and educators to develop apporpriate services for children.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 February 2014 14:53
The Southern Utah Autism Center would like to recognize outstanding individuals in the community. They may have overcome challenges themselves or have made excellent contributions improving the lives of families of children and adults with Autism.
ALL information MUST be filled out for nominations to be considered!!
Please Download this form and return by April 12, 2014
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 February 2014 11:57
This year's conference will be held at Canyon View High School on April 26, 2014. Breakfast and registration starts at 8:00 and the conference starts at 9:00. Lunch will be served around noon and the conference will end at 4.
Register before April 19th
Individual-$20 Couples $30
Register after April 19th
Individual-$25 Couples $35
You may register for the conference in two ways:
1. Print and complete the registration form and mail it to SEDC. Click here for form.
2. Fill out the online registration here and mail payment. Click here for online registration.
If you have any questions, please call Chris at SEDC 435-586-2865